Mount Harmon’s School Field Trips
Bring History and Nature to Life
Engaging Curriculum-Based Programs
in Early American & Colonial History
Voted “Favorite Field Trip”
Come & Time Travel at Mount Harmon ~
one of Maryland’s most beautiful historic sites!
Education Program Facts
March ~ November by appointment.
Cost: $8 per student.
Visit Time: Approx. 4 hours.
Fulfills curriculum requirements.
Picnic lunches welcome.
(resource for students, teachers, and families studying early American and Colonial history)
* * Education & Discovery Center * *
Historic Plantation & Nature Preserve
Expanded Living History Campus & Hands-on Activities
Book Early for Best Dates!
To Schedule a Mount Harmon Field Trip or for more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enable students to learn first hand about an 18th century plantation in a pristine Tidewater setting little changed by time.
- To instill in young people an understanding and appreciation of our nation’s rich colonial heritage, and how individuals and societies have changed over time.
- To support classroom units on early American, Colonial, and Tidewater History, with engaging activities that deepen classroom objectives.
- To instill an appreciation and understanding of the Chesapeake Bay and it’s historic role in agriculture, trade, and commerce.
- To teach the importance of understanding and preserving the past and historic sites like Mount Harmon; and to make these lessons current to students today.
Mount Harmon field trip program components are engaging activities that bring history and nature to life and include choice of 4 activities:
- Manor House & Colonial Life Student Tour
- Hearth Cooking & Plantation Life in Colonial Kitchen
- Colonial Craft Making Activity
- Guided Nature & History Walk
- Colonial School
Sample Schedule for Field Trip
||Station I Manor House Student Tour
||Station II Colonial Life & Kitchen Demonstration
||Station III Hands-on Colonial Crafts
||Lunch Break & Colonial Games & Gift Shop
||Tidewater Nature Walk or Colonial School
||Return to Education Center/Visit Gift Shop
* Program is approx. 4 hours (includes picnic lunch break) and can be customized to suit curriculum and scheduling needs.
To schedule your Mount Harmon school field trip and for more information contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or call 410-275-8819.